‘Tis the Season to Eat All Things

Oxnard High School students share their favorite holiday foods

ARPORN SEEMAROJ - Fotolia

With the holidays approaching many prepareto enjoy their favorite long-awaited holiday foods.

Tammera Magana, Copy Editor

With the holidays right around the corner, many people not only prepare for family gatherings and events, but also the long-awaited food that comes along with the holidays, from homemade mac n’ cheese all the way to stuffing.

“My mom’s macaroni and cheese is perfect,” said Oxnard High School junior Donavan Watts, who only eats the baked dish on Thanksgiving day. “She bakes it in the oven, and it gets really gooey and nice,” said Watts. He not only enjoys eating his mom’s macaroni and cheese, but also her homemade pumpkin pie as well. “She makes the crust and filling from scratch” he said.

Similar to Watts, senior Alyssa Rodriguez also enjoys pumpkin pie. “My favorite holiday food is pumpkin pie. It’s delicious,” said Rodriguez who only makes the pie on Thanksgiving.

However, senior Ingrid Bolio has a different holiday dish that she enjoys. “I have an obsession with mashed potatoes,” said Bolio. “[It is] a tradition to have them during the holidays because everybody knows it’s my favorite…I also like homemade cranberry sauce. It is the best.”

“[I enjoy] Thanksgiving because I can eat anything I want and as much as I want,” said junior Devin Lohse. “Stuffing tastes really good. It’s got the spices, it’s a traditional Thanksgiving food. I eat it every year.”