P.E. That’s Adapted For Life

Oxnard High School senior Jonathan Garcia found out about the Adapted P.E. class when he was a freshman. He learned a lot about the class throughout his first year of high school. Jonathan told me that he likes leading the class exercises. He stated that they are playing a new pen ball game in the Adapted P.E. class this year. He said that the other students are always being nice to him. Jonathan told me that he has made new friends in Adapted P.E. class this year. He stated that he can improve on the class exercises and games this year. He told me that he enjoys running on the track in P.E.

Ohs senior Janessa Lloneli does not know how she found out about Adapted P.E. She said that she can improve on the class exercises in Adapted P.E. class this year. Janessa told me that she enjoys running the most in the Adapted P.E. class. She stated that there are no new exercises in Adapted P.E. that she enjoys. She stated that the other students in the Adapted P.E. class are being really nice to her. She stated that she can improve on the exercises and games this year in Adapted P.E. this year.

Ohs Junior Ricky Manwells found out about the Adapted P.E. class when he was a freshman. As the year went on, he learned about what they do in the Adapted P.E. class. He really enjoys when they play bowling for blocks. Ricky stated that he can improve on the exercises and games in the Adapted P.E. class this year. He told me that the other students in the Adapted P.E. class are being nice to him this year. He stated that he can do a lot to improve in the Adapted P.E. class in general. He told me that there are new exercises and games in the Adapted P.E. class this year.

Ohs teacher Beverly Chavez found out about Adapted P.E. by subbing at a school. She saw another teacher who was an Adapted P.E. specialist at that same school. She told me that The Adapted P.E. specialist recommended that she should become an Adapted P.E. teacher. She stated that she enjoys working with the students that are in her class. She told me that she includes other games or exercises that she has not done in the previous years of working as an Adapted P.E. teacher. Mrs. Chavez also stated that she makes her own exercises or games for the class. She stated that anything could be improved upon throughout the school year. She told me that she would rather work as an Adapted P.E. teacher than be a General Education P.E. teacher, because the students in her class are always excited about what they might do in class the next day.